Gender: it’s about who we are, how we feel, how we present to the world, and how the world responds to us. So how do we come to a gender that is fully ours – one in which we can inhabit our body, our spirit, and our mind in a way that makes us feel at home? As your therapist, I am enthusiastic about supporting you in living fully in your gender – exploring how it impacts your world, what you wish were different, and where you want to go.
Note: As a trans therapist, I understand that for many people gender identity isn’t central to their interest in therapy, nor central to what they’re seeking support around. I understand this and am interested in following your lead around to what extent you do or don’t want to incorporate talking about your gender into therapy. Just know that I will always hold a space that is safe and affirming!
Here are some of the things we can work on:
• Exploring your relationship (or lack thereof) with gender
• Coming out – to partners, families, friends, workplace, community
• Accessing health care, documents, etc.
• Addressing dysphoria and bodies
• Building a rewarding sexuality
• Navigating transphobia and cissexism